Defence of the Core
DotC is a Xonotic's version of MOBA. This TC runs on the following operating systems: Linux, FreeBSD, Microsoft Windows and macOS.
In the year 2063, humanity moves beyond the solar system in a search for habitable planets and a newly discovered source of energy, a stable element with an extremely high atomic number. Traces of the isotope were first found on the moons of Jupiter. Elarium possesses the power to create energy “and matter” with the force and urgency of an new weapon.
NAND Corporation and XOR Global Tech
Two rival corporations control the push for the rare isotope, NAND Corporation and the XOR Global Tech. Each fires volleys of pinpoint satellites into the spiral arm, with the hope of finding new sources of the isotope. These are followed by slow moving engineering frigates to extract the mineral and establish colonies.
There are no rules on planetfall. Battles are to the death when both corporations stake a claim. The Core AI uses Elarium to create machinery, habitats, weapons and energy. Entire metropolises have been birthed by a single core, beyond the brutal combat of establishment. Each won claim extends the reach of the parent corporation, allowing for its families to reach further into space.
You are a soldier-engineer in employ of a corporation. Your mission is to protect the mining Core while it extracts the isotope and to destroy the opposing facility. You operate on the frontier. When one core is established you move to the next, establishing the logic gates that will allow civilization to prosper behind you.
Your team is always changing; as green ones die and veterans take their place, but the job is always the same; Defense of the Core.
Defence of The Core
There are two teams, each has a Core which the other team needs to destroy to win the match. Players (re)spawn at their core. Each base emits drone squads, groups of AI units that move toward the enemy base and attack other teams units.
Each team has one Core, if this core is destroyed the team is defeated.
- Players spawn by their teams Core.
- The Core is upgraded by collecting credits.
- The Core’s level determines the players spawn items, health and armor.
- The Core’s level determines the strength of its teams drone squads.
The Drone Factories
Each Core has one or more drone factories.
- Drone factories automatically produces squads of autonomous drones.
- Drone factories only produce up to a set number of squads.
- Once maximum squads are produced, it will not produce a new one until an old one is totally destroyed.
- The factories can be destroyed, rendering them inert for the duration of the match.
The Drone Squads
Drone squads are a collection of AI's that will follow a predefined path.
- Drone squads will stop and engage any unit of the other team it may come across.
- Drones will NOT engage neutrals. Nor will neutrals engage them.
- Drones will, when destroyed by a player, drop a credit token.
- Drones strength are determined by teams Core level.
Credits are the method of winch the team upgrades their core.
- When a player destroys a enemy drone, the drone drops a credit token.
- If this token is picked up by a player, some credits are gained by hes team.
- Once enough credits are acquired by a team, their core is upgraded.
Neutrals are indifferent to any and all teams. Everyone that gets to close will be attacked.
- Neutrals do not attack drones, nor do drones attack them.
- Neutrals will attack players.
- Neutrals are generally much harder to defeat then normal drones or turrets.
- If a player defeats a neutral and picks up its token, his team gets a bonus
- Bonus can include:
- A large sum of credits.
- A powerful item (like a vehicle).
- Unlocking a item at spawn time for all team members (e.g. a weapon, armour or health boost).
The Turrets and Guardians
Each team can have turrets placed around the map.
- Turrets are very tough to kill and deal much damage.
- Turrets do not re-spawn once defeated.
DotC is no longer in active development nor being maintained. The alpha version went public on . DotC website is still being maintained.
We would like to thank everyone involved with the project.
For more information on DotC project you might be interested in the wiki pages where you can find documented development process and design docs among others.
- Web and Media:
Members list (alphabetical order)
You might be able to find DotC team at IRC: #mon.xonotic or #xonotic channel at QuakeNet.
Optionally you can use the contact form below.